Am I really wrong for being happy that ex-husband's GF looks old?

I left my now ex-husband 4 years ago because he was abusive. He is 3 years older than me. We still talk on Facebook, he lives in another state. He told me to check out his page and so I did. He had pictures of him and his new girlfriend on there. Now, don't get me wrong, I want nothing to do with him, we have both moved on. I showed several other people the pictures and a couple of them asked me if that was him and his mother-they did not know it was his girlfriend.

So, is it so wrong of me to gloat(kind of) that his new GF looks so much older than me? I mean, if you were in a bad relationship, but still civil to the guy, is it so wrong to be happy that the person he is now with looks older than you??

Tawneekitn

Asked by Tawneekitn at 6:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I do secretly get a little pleasure out of the fact that my ex's new girlfriend has gained a ton of weight in the past 6 months. Mainly because my weight was one of the things he picked at me about and I am not nearly as big as she is now. Don't get me wrong, I actually like her, but yeah occasionally I get a little happy about it. No I don't think it is wrong.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Don't you teach your child(ren) that it is what it on the inside that counts?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Maybe it's a little bit petty, and I'm not sure why you'd be happy that the WOMAN in the equation looks old when it was the MAN in the equation who abused you, but your feelings are your feelings, who is to say that they're "wrong" really...
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• LOL No I'd be happy too! its funny
    BigMaemaJama

Answer by BigMaemaJama at 7:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• As long as it's just in your head, and not spoken, you're good. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Your probably glad he got someone not so attractive but hey she might look older but he is probably very happy.Be nice...but I know what you mean we always want to look way better than what they've have now..lol GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011