Just bad business?? Surely it's a mistake, right??

Weeks ago I scheduled a massage -- terrible neck, shoulder & back pain.... recommended by my doctor... so I call and make the appointment. The DAY OF my appointment I get a call from the therapist.... she is cancelling all her appointments because she has flu. Certainly I say fine (what am I gonna say, right)? I tell her to reschedule me for when she get's well.

Not only did I NEVER get a call to reschedule......
Today I get a BILL in the mail for " Scheduled Services - Missed - No Reschedule "! She is freakin kidding right??? She's billing me $70 for an appointment that SHE cancelled?? NO WAY I'm paying this.

She can't really do that can she?? Bill me for an appointment she cancelled, then really expect me to pay it or let it go to collections??

I'm calling her office tomorrow and I swear if she doesn't send me a ZERO balance statement I'm gonna be mad!  WTH am I supposed to do if she don't fix this... I can't let a bogus debt go to collections and then end up on my credit. 

ShelbyShareAlot

Asked by ShelbyShareAlot at 6:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• It must be a mistake. If you asked to reschedule then she should have handled that.
    BigMaemaJama

Answer by BigMaemaJama at 7:01 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would lean towards that it was just a mistake as well.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I hope it get clear. And when u called them and u clear it let us know plz.
    lelly1019

Answer by lelly1019 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would guess mistake..... give them a chance to fix it.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 7:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• That has GOT to be a mistake
    Rosesandlilys

Answer by Rosesandlilys at 7:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would say it's a mistake too, considering she was the one that cancelled. If you cancelled I would be saying, yep that's how it works now, usually if you don't cancel within 24 to 48 hours (depends on the individuals policy) they can charge you up to 100% of what your visit would have been (some places will charge an extra 18% gratuity). I agree with the rest of the ladies, give them a call tomorrow, they should clear it up for you.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had the same thing happen when my daughter's ped cancelled one of her appointments. It was just a billing error and they took care of it right away. Hope you get the same courtesy when taking care of your issue.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would call and if she refuses then you can always turn her into the better business. there is no way i would pay that either, its not like you didn't show up.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'm going with a mistake. She probably was too sick to put it in the computer right and then forgot or something. Make the phone call and calmly ask what happened.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Call and speak to her billing department, just as you have planned. It could be a communication error between the scheduler and the AP person. If this doesn't help, dispute it with your insurance company.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2011