Pagans...

Do you attribute anything to your God/Goddess-as in, the world around you, the things that happen in your life....your afterlife?
If yes, how do they make these things happen?

Are they responsible for the good as well as the bad?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 7:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Religious Debate

• My belief is that they are there to help us, they don't intervene unless specifically asked. Karma or Cosmic Law is responsible for the bad and the good. That's why as a Wiccan most follow the 3 fold law...anything you send out comes back to you times 3. (some use 7) So if you send out good you get back good. I don't blame the God or Goddess for bad stuff that happens, but I will thank them everyday for the beauty around us. I believe we write each of our lives out before we are reborn into them, we work through each life learning what we have to learn to move up in the after life. The Ultimate Goal is being able to choose to stay on the other side to help, or to once again become part of the God and Goddess. I have the talents I do because I was blessed with them from the God and Goddess in this lifetime. Who knows next one I may not have the same ones.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I want to know how many Gods is any more crazy then a single god?
    Iamasinglemom99

Answer by Iamasinglemom99 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I attribute beauty and peace to them. The things that go wrong are not their fault in the least. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• That's ok Iamasinglemom99. No one is telling you that you have to believe in anything. Whatever brings you peace is what matters
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 8:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Nope. That would likely piss them off.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• " I have the talents I do because I was blessed with them from the God and Goddess in this lifetime. "

So you do attribute aspects of yourself to them, rather than to your own motivation and skills that you work on to perfect? (That is not being asked in a snarky way...I am truly curious!)
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I do. I have found that I am not blessed with certain talents no matter how hard I work on them. It makes me feel that either I'm not ready for that talent, or I'm not meant to have it this life time.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Oh ok that makes sense! Thank you for answering that question:)
    sahmamax2

Comment by sahmamax2 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• OK, the first thing that the populous at large needs to understand is that the Goddess is NOT Yahweh in drag.

Speaking for myself (and *most* Pagans I know) we accept the science behind the natural phenomena.

For example, I know and accept that it is the tilt of the Earth's axis and our position in our journey around the Sun that is causing it to turn to Spring...NOT the Goddess Persephone leaving her husband Hades in the Underworld for to go visit her mother Demeter for a few months. (Though we may celebrate and play-act that myth in Ritual.)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Basically I believe that the Gods/esses are there for guidance. The Gods/esses have given us what we have and
    we are to take care of it...
    They do not create the Good, The Bad, The Ugly, but allows us too... allows us to make choices that will create OUR
    own lifes's path...
    We as a collective set of ppl, don't need to Thank the Gods/esses for what is given, bc We choose to work towards
    what we have and yes with the guidance of the Gods/esses, but NOT bc of them....
    I also believe that our Life's journey is almost never ending... there is always something new to learn then, now and tomorrow...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011