Anyone else have an OCD toddler?!

I realize 2 year olds are picky and like routine, but my kiddo is making me crazy! He is not OCD by diagnosis, just very very particular. He freaks if any little thing is out of balance, like if a door is open or shut. If my hair is in a ponytail or not. If the radio is on or off. If I cut up his food, and he doesn't want it cut a certain way. He goes from 0-60 in a second. He speaks and communicates very well... anyone else have a toddler like this? Is this normal?

Just to clarify - no signs of autism or anything in that spectrum... dh's job requires him to travel, which we think may be part of it. Otherwise, we are very scheduled at home!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Are you like this? Does he have consistency in the home? Some of those can be factors.
    Anonymous

• This sounds kinda normal. Picky tots tempers and stuff
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• sounds like autism to me

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My 16 month old has to have things in a certain order. She just organized my fridge to her liking. If we drop something on the floor, she'll throw it out. I think she's like this after seeing me do these things. He's probably so used to things being a certain way, he gets upset when they change.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Uh...Marix3...that's a lot of times to say the same thing...was it a weird OCD joke? Anon question writer...maybe he's an exceptionally bright child. I read that exceptionally bright children sometimes get like that. Here's a website you might like. http://www.suite101.com/content/identifying-a-gifted-toddler-a119334

ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 5:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• sorry but sounds like autisum to me too
    Tracee F.

Answer by Tracee F. at 7:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My computer was on the fritz the day I wrote that, SORRY!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2011