measuring small

I went in last week and they told me i meassure about 2 weeks smaller than i should. Now they want me to do non-stress test twice a week and another ultrasound on dec. 5 they did all of this with my firts pregnancy too. and i really didn't see any need for it. They told me my son had growth restriction and he was too small but he was 7lbs13oz when he was born. I told my sister about this cause she justgot done with her first year of residancy and she said she never heard of that many NSTs. any one else ever go through this?
i go in again on Friday and am goin to ask for a second opinion. I really think they're after more money.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• people meausre different sizes because the babies develope differently my son measured "small" and then he was born 21 3/4 inches and 8 lbs 14 oz lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:36 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I know they all develope differantly thats why these dr.s are pissing me off, I don't think I need to have these NSTs twice a week unless theres really a chance theres something worng. I'm just wondering if any else has has to do thee that much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i was just agreeing with you sorry i would ge tthe second opinion i left my first dr cause thats all they did
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:48 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• sorry if i came off as bitchy i just get mad when i think about these stupid dr.s i can't find a private dr. that will take me right now so im going to a place where you see watever dr. is there. I refuse to see the dr. that told me i need to do all this though. hopefully someone else will say differeant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• nope didnt sound bitchy my brain is stroking off lol i didnt finsh typing and i thought i did lol its 1 am here lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 3:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I, too, always measured small and everything was fine. Sounds fishy to me, like they have ulterior motives ($$$$). Do what your heart tells you. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:20 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• mine also measured small yesterday (2 wks as well), and no one is making me do extra testing. Do what you want, and don't let them force you into too many interventions.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I had to go for weekly ultrasounds and NST's in my last two months b/c my son had a nuchal cord, wrapped around his neck, to monitor it. They said it had corrected itself when I was about 36 or 37 weeks but when I had him he ended up with a double nuchal cord. If you're concerned ask them to do an ultrasound so they can measure his actual size. All in all you get to make the final decision, if you don't want them done they cannot force you.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 1:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008