Who all was in the delivery room when you gave birth to your children?

My husband is upset because this is our 3rd and final baby and I still don't want anyone in the room but me and him just like it was with the first two! He's mad because he said his mom should get to be in there. I think she has two daughters of her own and when they have babies she can do that but not with my stuff all hanging out. I haven't even let my mom in the room, why would I let his mom over mine?

aheuszel

Asked by aheuszel at 8:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• NO.
    Anonymous

• i just had my husband in there ppl can visit later thats yalls time.
    virgomom1988

Answer by virgomom1988 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Just my husband with all three. I fail to see how he feels his mother has a right to be in the delivery room. He can be mad all he wants.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My mom was with me, but I had a c-section. Besides, I'm the only child and BD was out of state working so he couldn't be there.
    TipToe19

Answer by TipToe19 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i just had my husband everyone was out in the waiting room and came in once my hoohaa was safely covered
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 8:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Just my husband
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 8:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My mom held one leg and my husband held the other. We did not plan for her to be there but we also weren't against it, it just kind of happened that way.

I'm due again in about 10 weeks and we haven't talked about who will be in the room, this time.

Let me just ask you this: Just because your husband has a penis, his mom isn't allowed in the room? I think if he'd like to share that experience with her, he should be able to. It's not about your "stuff hanging out" during birth. It's about a life coming into this world. You could always ask her to stay up near your head, too.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 8:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My first pregnancy, I had both mom's in there...his and mine...along with husband. I didn't like their facial expressions...and it was fun when my MIL decided to help with the bedpan and got it on her shoes. 2nd delivery, hubby and I were there and inlaws stayed with the first child. 3rd delivery...just hubby and I...same with the fourth delivery. Their facial expressions from the first delivery (they apparently never saw it from that end) was enough to just keep it me and hubby during the deliveries.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• first time it waas just my husband. Second son my mom was there to I did not care at the time. I was so relaxed on the epidural I even told my sis she could stay. (she did not)
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• oh, for God's sake figure this out before hand. My DH and I offered to be at the hospital when my first niece was born in case someone needed us to run out for a hamburger or something. we got there early, asked if we could come into the room to say hello. They said yes, so we did.
    the labor got harder and harder, we left the room to give them some space. when we came back to see if things were OK, my SIL was terribly upset that we left and said she wanted us to stay. So we stayed in the room.
    DH was having sympathy pains, and my SIL's take on the day is that she had a terrible experience having her first child because those that were around were unwanted.
    Unwanted? you could have fooled me!

so please, decide what you want ahead of time and let the hospital know what you want.
    your husband can say whatever he wants but it's your body..

BTW- we weren't in the room when my niece was born and we hadn't planned to anyway.
    Anonymous