Do you KNOW your idenity?

Pondering this. I've always tried to keep who I am. Name, rank, serial number sort of thing. Once I became a mother, I burned into my brain my likes and dislikes...then it hit me. What do I get for MYSELF. Everything in the basket is for someone else. I think of others so often, that the stuff isn't really for me...so I am curious if YOU get things for yourself.

I bought matching undies...turns out, they're for hubby's enjoyment. I bought new Corning ware...turns out, it's for the house. I bought ink so I can print photos to send to other people...but I ENJOY the looks on their faces. I don't feel materialistic...but what would be something FOR myself? What have YOU gotten for YOU?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 8:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Shopping

• ~*Mommy*~... sacrificing things I would like for the wants and needs of my husband and kids is part of life, and I obviously enjoy it... wonder if those people that constantly think about themselves are the same ones that are the type of personality that cheats??? Hmmm... something to ponder
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I enjoy writine my penpals, and do that a lot. I also love decorating my home (with a little money, so it's a lot of bargain hunting which to me is fun). I enjoy reading both to myself and to the kids, so I do that daily. I enjoy my girlfriends from church so I chat with them.

This is a good question!!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 8:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Usually everything I get is for others. Once in awhile I remember I need something just for me. In fact I just bought myself an e book. You mark it on your calendar a day to get yourself something.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 8:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I actually splurged and bought myself some Olay Regenerist cream today. :) Lovely day to be my face. Other than that, I can't remember the last "me" thing that I bought or did. I am usually just happy that I haven't run out of wipes.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I like Lush products, so I will get those whenever I need to. I just bought Angel on DVD, just for me, no one else is either old enough or wants to watch it with me. I try to do something for myself with at least one paycheck a month. I found my DVD used on Amazon for $4.99, but it was just for me. I have been wanting a new purse, but I think I will wait until spring. I think it is important to do small things for me.

I don't think thinking about myself would make me into someone who cheats, what's the saying "if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" and my husband really believes that.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I bought myself a bike and a Malibu Pilates Pro workout chair. I'm getting in shape for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'm a scrapbooker. I'm about to cash in some free prints from Shutterfly. for me. Ironically, that was a 2for1 bc the free prints came from creating a share site.
    Sometimes I make certain dishes for dinner which I know dh and dd won't particularly like, but I make it bc I want to eat it. Dh eats it anyway and dd says she dislikes most stuff anyway.
    pioneergirl10

Answer by pioneergirl10 at 11:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011