What is the best cloth diapering system for a newborn?

OmMommy

Asked by OmMommy at 8:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ~*Smiles*~... the one you choose!

For me, I used disposable diapers, and good thing I did, my 2 little ones were allergic to their own teething... and for a while there it was like I couldn't change them fast enough! My momused clothe diapers on me... but for me personally I hated the idea of washing them out, remember the stink in my mom's house with my little brother, and ...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The one that fits your baby best. For newborns I loved Kissaluvs size 0 and after that I liked Motherease fitted (not the one size). Once they started solids I started using prefolds. That is what fit my son the best. With my second it didn't fit as well, but I used them because we didn't have the money to buy new ones.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I use diaper service quality Indian style prefolds that I fasten with a snappi. I hate pins. I used the Bummis Whisper Pant diaper cover when my son was younger. Now that he is almost three months old, he finally fits into his Econobum diaper covers perfectly. I also rotate back and forth between my Indian prefolds and some thick, high quality birdseye flat fold diapers. I like that you can change the folds to get a better fit/better absorbency as your baby grows. This system has been very cheap. I own a dozen of each of the two types of cloth diapers we use and only about five diaper covers. You can experiment a lot if you have the money to do so. I'm lucky that this has been working so well for us because to me,what's the point in cloth diapering if you spend hundreds of dollars on pretty covers and try every diaper system?
    wutluviz

Answer by wutluviz at 2:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2011