Balloon release

Last summer my 15 year old daughter passed away. I been thinking lately about doin an annual balloon release in her memory...my hubby says do it her birthday as it was a day of happiness. i was thinking her death date.

sooooo should i do it on her birthday or no?

blessed_mom774

Asked by blessed_mom774 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• ~*Hugs*~... do both??? When my grandfather died, I was lost, been over 10 years now... and on the day he died, and his birthday, I light a white candle to place in the window!!!!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Why not do it on both dates?
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss. I had a DD killed, and I personally do things on her Birthday, I try VERY hard to have the death date pass by without thinking about it too much. I just rather celebrate her birth than her death. But that's JMO
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Have you thought about releasing butterflies instead of balloons to impact the environment less?? The butterflies can have the same meaning as the ballons however they will go on to impact our ecosystem positively. I don't know if you have ever heard the wedding traditon of releasing butterflies but you whisper you wishes and hopes to the butterflies and they carry them to God to come true. Well you could carry that over for the release for you daughter; whisper any messages to the butterflies and they will carry them to her. :)
    liltxtornado

Answer by liltxtornado at 11:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• do both
    mamaslove4ever

Answer by mamaslove4ever at 4:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Either would be fine. I think doing it on her birthday would be more uplifting, and would make people think more of her birth and life. Doing it on the day she died would be more of a memorial.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• i would have to go wit bday now if u can do both dates i say go 4 it i no ur daugter is r.i.p be bless
    wayneswife2177

Answer by wayneswife2177 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2011

• yes is a love nice gesture!!!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:27 PM on Feb. 28, 2011

• Birthday, people may be ugly for you to celebrate a death. Not everyone understands, the day you lost her you gave birth to an angle.

wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 11:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2011