People who shop at whole foods I have a question for YOU....

So I have decided to shop at whole foods. I walked in there just to check it out... I have not seen those brands before. I have no idea what to get. A few brands that are organic I have seen. However we hve decided to eat 100% organic instead of just organic dairy. So my question is what are some good brands? What are some things you and your family enjoy? I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. So kid friendly things are always good. Im asking because i dont want to spend the money (cuz its expensive) on things that tast bad. Thank you mamas, not all things have to be organic ust no chemicals in them. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Look for the 365 brand. It's their house brand and tend to be less expensive. They come in organic and conventional.
    Don't bother with most of their frozen prepared foods. Those (like pizza rolls) I go with Amy's.
    The 365 coffees are pretty much the same as the Allegro brand and are produced by Allegro (DH is the lead roaster.)
    We like the organic pop tart like pastries and the cereal bars.

Sometimes they have sales on canned goods and stuff, like beans - 10 cans for $10 - organic! You can't beat that at Target. Also, my local Whole Foods has one day specials on Wednesdays.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think eating 100% organic would be very difficult. My favorites are Annie's, Organic Valley, Rudi's bread, Eden Organic, Stoneyfield Farms, Alexia, Amy's breakfast burritos kick butt!, Back to Nature Here's a site with some brand names for organic products

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 9:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I don't buy all organic but I do like Annie's and Stoneyfield Farms (their chocolate vanilla yogurt is amazing). Newman's Own has some good organic Oreo type cookies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• depends om what you want to buy. I buy fruit and veg and eggs at the Farmers Market, much cheaper there for organic.We dont go in for much prepared,or boxed foods tho I do buy Annies Mac n Cheese for a treat. 365 brand stuff is good, I mostly shop the outer aisles, bakery, great breads, cheese shop and dairy. We dont eat meat so cant help you there
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 3:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We don't currently have a whole foods where we live now, but where we sued to live we got the 365 brand, Annie's (not all are organic just some) mac and cheese, Amy's food, Stonyfield Farms, Cascadian Farms, Alexia (their frozen baguette garlic bread rocks), and Newmans Own.

nicki.hemingway

Answer by nicki.hemingway at 12:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We eat a mostly organic, whole foods based diet. If there is a Trader Joes near you, there prices are WAY lower than Whole paychecks.

I have a ton of recipes that are tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly; send me a message offlist if you would like some.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2011