Now what? running out of options

trying for over a month to recgoncile with relative. sent several e-mails to inform her and husband of how I feel about incidents that went on, trying to break the ice by keeping in touch,and so forth. all i get is I want to be left alone. says this because outcome didn't turn out as they wanted things to. now i get snubbed with the silent treatment. I am not the only guilty person here. so are they. they did things that upset me as well. what would you do? I'm just tired of all the head games, betrayal, immaturity etc. all bunch of bolony.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I've been wondering if the best thing to do is say goodbye and go my own separate way to the high road. not taking low road to stoop down to their level
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• ~*Back Off*~.... if they choose to have nothing to do with you, than don't force it... it'll only make them more upset and have one more thing against you?!?!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i wish we knew what the incidents were . . . .
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Stop trying. Just move in without them.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would leave it alone. Right now they don't want to talk about it and they probably never will. Life is to short to worry about people who are like this. I understand that they are family, although it sounds like you are wasting a lot of time on something that isn't going to be resolved right now. Try walking away and letting them calm down a little. Either that or just move on because they sound like the type of people who are never going to admit any wrong doing.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• NEVER stoop to their level... Karma has a way of biting people in the rear when they truly screw up... trust me!!!
    MommaClark3

• Sometimes, if they don't want it..not much you can do. You can only do what you can control and if they're not willing to meet you half way, it might as well be a lost cause. Until they put in ANY effort...you're just getting your hopes up. Sorry they don't want to move passed whatever happened. I'd suggest move onto more important things and if they are wanting to try then you'll know. G'luck.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Well, I would say you've made an effort, now it's their turn. You've been adult and gone halfway, now it's their decision if the want to be adults too and meet you the rest of the way or stay children and keep brushing it off. Don't let it bother you too much. If they can't put forth the effort to be grown ups, they aren't good company anyway.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• On** OOps
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• she's told you that she wants to be left alone and you keep contacting her?
    sorry, but if you keep this up you may get called on harassment.

sounds like she's made her choice, maybe you should respect her wishes
    Anonymous