Pain after DH's Vasectomy ?

My DH just had the procedure done Friday. It is now Monday and he is still in pain. He walked around alittle today, cooked dinner, and did some dishes and now says it hurts really bad. It look like he is going to cry :-( He does have some bruising but it isn't swollen or anything oozing. He has been laying down Sat. and Sunday and keeping ice on it and a supporter. How long did it take your DH to recover?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• Oh, if he is hurting, he should get in bed for a day or two more. ALso, he should take the meds that were prescribed to him. Every man is different. But, you don't want to fool around with the healing.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 8:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Sounds like he needs to spend some more time lying down with ice packs. I agree with the previous answer that everyone is different in their recovery from this, and everyone's pain perception is different as well. Swelling and bruising is normal. I would say as long as he doesn't have a fever or any discolored(yellow or green) oozing, or severe abdominal pain, then he's prob. OK. My DH did really well with his recovery, but he adhered very strictly to the resting with ice routine for the first few days. I know of friends' DHs who took longer and had more pain as well.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011