Do you prefer a laptop or a desktop, and why?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 8:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Technology

• I think I prefer a laptop. Of course it is my newest toy so that may be why! I have always had a desktop but I just got my laptop this past weekend. I love the freedom of being able to get online anywhere in the house, like now I am laying on my stomach in bed watching tv while I browse. Plus it has the built in webcam so I am able to sit in my room and have privacy to use skype and talk to my best friend who is in another country or my parents who live 6 hours away and actually see them.
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Laptop... I have a small house and no room for a big desk. Plus I can take my computer every where and use it far more because it is portable.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Our laptop of 4 years died on us a few months ago and I think I'm going to stick to a desktop for a while now. Yes, the mobility of the lappy is nice,,,but you can get twice the features on a desktop for the same price of a lappy, sometimes less.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I just got a laptop for Christmas and I love it. I haven't turned on my desktop since. I like the mobility, I don't do much but surf and pay some games so it is nice to be able to sit on the couch while the kids are watching "CARS" for the 50th time and have something else to do but watch
    Cars again.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I love my laptop, but now that my kids are getting older & are starting to need the comptuer for school work, I prefer a desktop - I don't like them trying to balance a laptop on their little legs, and I don't like not being able to see if they're straying if I'm in the kitchen cooking!
    Anonymous

• laptop for portability, i can lay down or sit in comfy chair or sit on my bed.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 11:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My iPad. I'm able to be anywhere with it, plus it's smaller than a magazine
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I still have my desktop on my desk in the living room though, so that will probably be what my DH uses and what my kids play games on.
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I like the idea of a laptop because it's portable. Taking the desktop to a LAN party was more work than it was worth. I do miss my desktop since the difference of Vista verses 7 when it comes to the DVD software. I'd do more projects on the desktop due to the software that the CPU came with...but I like my laptop...mostly with portability. I kinda grr about it with the lack of memory card slots, but it's still better than the desktop since I can move to a location to keep an eye on the kiddos.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 8:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I love my laptop too! It's so nice to be mobile. I work from home so its nice to have my computer in the kitchen or outside at times.

csmsand

Answer by csmsand at 8:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011