I have had a previous c-section and i am wondering if the second one is any easier than the first.

CEGrissim

Asked by CEGrissim at 8:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my first it took 2 months to be able to feel better didnt help that i misscarriged from my second uterius a month after having the csection(didnt know about the second uterus or anything) ya sucks. second csection i was up and moving around the room 3 hrs after the surgery. i had glue the first time and staples the second i wished that they would have done the glue the second time. i also had my tubal ligation during the second csection
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 9:18 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My second c-section was a breeze =)
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The first was really hard as I labored for a reallly long time before they had to cut me open. It took me a long time to recover. My second was nerve racking because I knew it was going to happen and I was nervous. Walking into the hospital and into the operating room was scary and felt unnatural. BUT, I was on my feet the day after and it didn't even slow me down this time. I was off pain meds after 4 days and felt great. I did also throw up the second time, but other than the mild uncomfortness of being awake on the table for 45 mins, the rest really was cake. Just make sure whoever it doing it sews you up and doesn't staple you. The staples caused me the most pain the first time. It will be okay! Message me if you have any questions!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh my first was really hard. The second was scheduled, and was amazing! I was up and walking by the end of the day. It has a lot to do with the skill of your surgeon and anesthesiologist.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 9:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My first I was totally fine less than a week after...my second?? It tool me almost 4 weeks to start to feel okay.. so hate to tell you this but my second was WAY worse than first one!
    Manoella

Answer by Manoella at 8:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• ~*Depends*~... my first one I was freaking out... second was easier but I actually puked! *Gross*... each person is different
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My first C-section was an emergency one. My second was planned and the only reason I really had any problems at all was because I wound up having a horrible reaction to the spinal that gave me a horrible headache if I was anything but flat on my back. Once that wore off and I was home I was up and moving a lot sooner than after my first.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• They used stitches on the inside and at my hospital they use the "Purple Glue" on the outside. My first was an emergency and this one is planned. I am hoping for the best but i am still nervous.
    CEGrissim

Comment by CEGrissim (original poster) at 9:13 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Well im glad you asked this question cuz i didn't know how the 2nd one would go ither if i don't have my son by the 2nd of march i have a c-section that day and i didn't know if the 2nd time was harder than the 1st ill find out in a week thow lol
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2011