Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ttc again with incompetent cervix

I'm trying to conceive again but have an incompetent cervix I jus lost my daughter at 22 weeks due to an incompetent cervix any suggestions??

Answer Question

Asked by lakendrawalker at 9:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

Level 3 (17 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • go to a specialist, they might be able to give you a special medicine that can assist you.

    Answer by Manoella at 9:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

  • You don't need a specialist.

    Talk to your doctor about doing a cerclage as soon as your find out you are pregnant. Often times a cerclage is all you need to prevent a miscarriage or preterm labor.

    The simply put a stich in the cervix before 10-12 weeks and remove it around 37 weeks to prevent it from opening too soon. The procedure is fairly simply and most of the time can be done right in the doctor's office.

    I personally would push for it to be done around 8 weeks because I have a friend who has a severely incompetent cervix who hasn't made it to her cerclage appointment the last 3 babies in a row. :(

    Good Luck!

    Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

  • Sorry to hear about your loss.. I would go for the cerciage (didn't know the name but know the procedure) as well and also try to see if you can get bed rest after the 10th week or so.... if that would help. God Bless

    Answer by Camilletnt at 10:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Trying to Conceive

Next question overall (Toddlers (1-2))
My two year old has craddle cap!