Ttc again with incompetent cervix

I'm trying to conceive again but have an incompetent cervix I jus lost my daughter at 22 weeks due to an incompetent cervix any suggestions??

lakendrawalker

Asked by lakendrawalker at 9:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• go to a specialist, they might be able to give you a special medicine that can assist you.
    Manoella

Answer by Manoella at 9:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You don't need a specialist.

Talk to your doctor about doing a cerclage as soon as your find out you are pregnant. Often times a cerclage is all you need to prevent a miscarriage or preterm labor.

The simply put a stich in the cervix before 10-12 weeks and remove it around 37 weeks to prevent it from opening too soon. The procedure is fairly simply and most of the time can be done right in the doctor's office.

I personally would push for it to be done around 8 weeks because I have a friend who has a severely incompetent cervix who hasn't made it to her cerclage appointment the last 3 babies in a row. :(

Good Luck!
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 9:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Sorry to hear about your loss.. I would go for the cerciage (didn't know the name but know the procedure) as well and also try to see if you can get bed rest after the 10th week or so.... if that would help. God Bless
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 10:53 AM on Feb. 22, 2011