how long can i keep fake nails on?

i go to the nails salon for fills whenever i need them, how long is recomended to keep fake nails till i have to take them off??? i heard 3 months and should let them take a breather

chijay3

Asked by chijay3 at 4:25 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• I don't know, but I never did it. The nails are already damaged from the time you first put the fake ones on....but I don't know what the recommendations are. It seems like a waste of time to give the nails a breather only to destroy them again the first chance you get! But, I would be interested in any expert opinions.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 8:04 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• it's ok to get ur nails done and have them filled time after time, but about once a month or once every other month you should have them taken off to let your real nails breathe. then you can get them done again. :)
    pressley5604

Answer by pressley5604 at 5:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Fake nails look pretty but take its toll on your nails with all the filing, sanding so it weakens your natural nails. Unless it is special occasion I wouldn't have them. Then I would remove them as soon as they start growing out. There is a nair hardner available at sally's beauty supply and if you use it regularly it helps your nails from breaking also helps your nails when you remove fake nails when they are so weak and soft.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 11:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I get my nails done every 2 or 3 weeks and they usually take me nails off if they have been on for while but when I have them on for 3 or 4 months I have them taken off and I keep them off for a month before having new set put on. I get my nails done because my real nails done grow and when they grow they always break.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 21, 2008