• In the Spotlight:

Any tips for new, short, unruly bangs?

i had my bangs cut and they are pretty short and slightly angeled but they are awful...they stand up and stick straight out and i don't know how to fix them! any tips for short unruly bangs??

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 9:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• to do these looks .. blow dry pushing hair down against your scalp rather that putting the brush under your hair to blow dry. This will allow the most length to come out with what you have. Then style with gel (lightly) with pieces to create that funky and fun pixie bang look.

Or you can always just pull them back. a clip, head band, etc, can help hide bangs you don't want to see.

pending on hair type and the length of the bangs, you can always do a wrap braid to hide them, or if they are long enough you may be able to clip them under your hair along the sides.

you can also do a feathered curl off to the sides which can sometimes hide them (pending on length, existances of collicks, widows peaks etc that may hinder that look).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• a round brush and blow dryer or a flat iron with some heavy product on the roots to weigh they down.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• When you first get bangs, that hair is almost trained to go in the other direction. Mine always wanted to part down the middle and go back when I got them. Not a good look, as you can imagine. Sunshine's suggestion is good, and eventually they will behave.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• hairspray and curl it.
    ja2010

Answer by ja2010 at 8:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I recently got bangs too. At first I hated it because I had the same problem and they were so short that the round brush made them kinda poofy lol. I used a flat iron and lots of hairspray everyday to 'train' them to go in the right direction. I also use Avon Advanced Techniques products to keep the flat iron from causing damage to my bangs, which can make them look a lot worse.
    sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Oh, here is a link to Avon if you want to check out their hair products. They also sell dryers, irons, curlers, ect.  Even extensions.

Link to Avon

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 9:25 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The beauty of bangs is that they grow fast. I used to mess mine up every single time I cut them. I'd always cut them too short and there was nothing I could do to fix it! I'd just comb them when they were wet the best way I could, and wait for them to grow.
    You could also try braiding them to the side, if you like that look, or just twisting them and pinning them - that is, if they'll cooperate. I'm growing mine out right now and that's what I do.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• a round brush and blow dryer or a flat iron will resolved that...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

•  

a new stylist first off. Secondly you can do a few things.. use a PADDLE BRUSH or vent brush(not a round brush) to blow dry, because a round brush will add more lift and make them look shorter. Then a flat iron. there are a few styles you can do with it with these tools. Work with what you got.. and do the short pixie looking bangs:

http://yourhaircut.com/?attachment_id=151

http://cuteshorthaircuts.net/?attachment_id=16

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2011