What are some names that you love but either other people (especially your SO) hate or you never got to use for another reason?

I wanted to name ds2 Jaxton but my fiance was not going for it at all. I always loved the name Kallilah for a girl but my mom and fiance both think it is an ugly name.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Baby Names

• Mikaela .... Sofia ( my co worker, had a daughter with same name!),Maya ( friend's daughter's name!)...
    Manoella

Answer by Manoella at 9:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Cayetana is a spanish name a royal name in spain but nobody in my family likes
    amparoortega

Answer by amparoortega at 9:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The girl name, is ity pronounced like K-la? ZI like that name! My name is a unique its pronounced Day-sha spelled Dacia. It usrd to be the name of a biblical country. Its also a Celtic name, or thats what my mom says
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No like Kal-lee-la I would have called her Kalli for short.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• ohhh I love that even more! It sounds so pretty! I wish I knew of a name like that when my daughter was born!! Her name is Marisa
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I love the names hunter and jackson but my hubby wouldnt go for it i am pregnant right now idk what i am having yet my daughter who is one is named allee
    virgomom1988

Answer by virgomom1988 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Boys names seem to be the toughest for me and my husband. I like the names Christian, Christopher, Aiden, Troy, Trey, Lucas, Thomas. He has silly reasons for not liking them. He said he'd go with Lucas if it could be Luke Skywalker. He was serious. I told him i would do Lucas Skye. Good thing we had a girl first.
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 9:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• When I had my oldest, 26 (almost 27) years ago, I wanted to name him Shawn Michael,and no,there wasn't a wrestler named that at the time. LOL. My ex's aunt had a baby who was stillborn named Michael Shawn,so in respect to her, I let my favorite name go. I wanted to name my daughter Lindsey Shannon, but decided I liked what I named her better. My youngest, I wanted to named Jarred Stephen (DH's name is Stephen), he didn't like it, so we named him after my dad, and his grandfather.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I wanted to name my daughter Samantha but my then husband thought it was a "white name" and gave me complete and utter hell for the name for nine damn months. I regret letting him bother me so much that I changed my mind because he's not even in her life anymore. When my friends ask about her they ask how is Samantha so I suppose I got my wish...lol. I named her Kaleeyah instead.

*P.S* I have no idea what a white name is. When I asked him what a white name was he just said it's hard to explain!!
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 9:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I wanted to name my 2nd son Devin or Carlin. His dad hated those. He ended up being Austin. Which isn't a bad name but its pretty popular for his age group (he's 16).
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 10:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2011