oh no, i just found live lice in my daughters head and eggs in my other daughters head. whats thh best remedy out there, do i tell the other parents at school?

JEANNIE96

Asked by JEANNIE96 at 4:28 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Health

• The robi comb. Run it through their hair maybe twice and they will die eggs and all. Put all their stuffed animals into plastic bags and seal them for about two to three weeks wash all their bedding and yours and vacuum really good and you should be rid of the whole problem and yes I would tell other parents at school or at least the principal so she can do a lice check and let the other kids parents know it is going arounf but you should do it that way because then no one knows exactly who has it and no one can pick on your girls. Good LUck and I hope you get rid of it soon!!
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 6:19 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• P.S. They sell it at Walgreens!! I don't know for how much though but trust me it is the easiest way and then if they ever get it again you already own the comb and don't have to go buy expensive shampoos.
    Peekalou

Answer by Peekalou at 6:21 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Yes tell the nurse at school so she can screen the other children and try to find out the origin.
    Rid used to be the over the counter chemical to use, and there are prescription chemicals also.

Answer by Bmat at 7:33 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You are definitely supposed to tell the school!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 7:59 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Call the school nurse. Also vacuum the car especially the back of the seats or their car seats or if they are in car seats with a removable cover throw it in the wash. When I worked daycare we had a family that just could not get rid of lice until mom did the car too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Def. use the robicomb. Its the easiest, fastest, and surest way I've found to combat those little F#$%3ers.
    Hecate9

Answer by Hecate9 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• There is a product at WalMart called RID that is a shampoo that you use on their hair and it comes with the little comb to glean out the eggs. RID also sells a spray that you can apply to mattresses, couches, chairs, and car seats. Strip all the beds and wash their linens. Spray the mattresses and pillows like first thing in the morning so they can dry and air. Put stuffed animal in plastic bags and spray with the spray as well, don't saturate, just let them sit in the bag for several hours then let them air for a day or two before you give them back. Wash all hats and coats. My mom used to take all of our combs, brushes and headbands and wash them as well, but that was before RID came out with their spray.
    ritzysmom

Answer by ritzysmom at 9:24 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• The preschool sent home a CDC sheet on the best ways to rid lice. It isn't just on their heads. It is in their bedding, coats, and probably your couch.  I am not sure if this is the ame info, but you should be able to find what you need on the CDC site.  Yes,call the school.   http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/lice/default.htm

MamaOfB

Answer by MamaOfB at 9:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I don't know how recent this is, cause our mom used it on us, but it seemed to do the trick. She used Not Nice to Lice, a shampoo that killed the eggs and lice, and then used the comb to clean them out. We had to vacuum, wash EVERYTHING, my mom even vacuumed the couches and washed the slipcovers, bagged all our stuffed animals, washed clothes and bedsheets...everything. Drying things in the dryer for the longest hottest setting will kill any remaining eggs or lice that have survived the washing machine.
    Guaranteed

Answer by Guaranteed at 9:31 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• the lice meister metal comb, and lots of olive oil. buy from your pharmacist a product that kills lice,nymphs and eggs and use it today on everyone. then start washing everything in the bedding in hot water and a hot dryer cycle. put all stuffed animals in the hot dryer cycle. let the kids sleep in the living room out of the bedroom for at least 3 days and any remaining lice in the bedrooms will die during that time period. put coats and jackets in the hot dryer cycle also.
    then on a daily basis spend about 20 minutes combing the hair covered with olive oil, all the nits that are remaining out of the hair for about 5 days.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:54 AM on Nov. 19, 2008