Thigh cramps?

I am 37 1/2 weeks pregnant and have been having some thigh cramps...I used to get charley-horses really bad in my calves, but this is a different kind of cramping...usually when I go to stand up.

Does anyone else have this?

kristina.de

Asked by kristina.de at 10:02 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Where in your thighs is the cramping? How long does it last?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• its like my upper thighs, and lasts for like 5-7ish seconds
    kristina.de

Comment by kristina.de (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'm sorry, but saw the subject and dropped in. This happened to me when I was on my period, but not while I was pregnant. I didn't cramp in my stomach, just my left thigh! Good luck with the new baby!
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:26 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had muscle cramps while pregnant. If it is from dehydration drink more water during the day. Early cuz in the evening could get you up more to pee. Sounds pretty normal to me though, but you might mention it at your next dr visit.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Could be round ligament pains. Is it a sharp intense pain, kind of in the crease of your thigh/hip? Your ligaments that are holding your uterus to your body walls are stretching like crazy, and it can be very painful. Many women experience this during pregnancy at various stages (some sooner or later than others). There isn't much to be done about it, unfortunately, except maybe some warm compresses. They're not dangerous, luckily.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2011