Were your kids home today (winter break, snow day, Pres. Day)?

Are you exhausted????

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 10:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not exhausted from the kids but from SIL. We have a big family event happening on Sat. I am glad that SIL and her youngest DD came in from overseas but she drives me up a tree. talks non-stop to who ever is standing there. Doesn't engage in listening and knows everything better than everyone else.

I'll take a car full of 6 yr olds with ice cream over her any day.

On a good note, my niece was over this afternoon and all of the kids (4 kids ages 6-19) were amazing. They spend most of the day in the yard running around.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• do not disturbYes they were and yes I am very exhausted

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 10:14 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yes! I am a teacher, so I was glad to be home and off today. But I feel like I get more rest when I am at work. lol. I had a list of a million things to do on my day off including entertaining the kids. I am kinda glad to go back to work tomorrow and for him to go back to school.
    Cass052005

Answer by Cass052005 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No, no days off until March for spring break.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yep, for Louis Riel Day. No I'm not exhausted - the kids had a sleepover at my sister's last night so I got to sleep in before picking them up at noon. And we have Friday off because of a PD day, so it's a short week :-)
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Yep, ds was home today for Presidents Day, and has tomorrow off for a teacher in-service day. Who planned that one?! They did the same thing last month with MLK Day off and the day after it off as well!
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 11:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I have a sister in law that does not shut up!! she is just draining! I had to say that because what the first poster said it reminded me of her.... so anyway to answer the question no I'm not tired form the kids being home...they have tomorrow off too. Today they baked a cake and it was really good i might add and then tomorrow they are already talking about being bored so i said we would make cookies and see what happens next. It does not help that my husband is going fishing and leaves me here with the kids and no car.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:13 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes dd was home today, but was well behaved & did crafts & played w/her babies.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 2:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My kids were home yesterday but we went out for a drive around the area then had lunch. On the way home we stopped for shakes at Dairy Queen then ran to Wal-mart for some things we needed. Back home 3 of them ran off to play with friends since the weather was nice (in the 50s) while the oldest played Rock Band with her friend. I laid down to read (I have a cold and just feel blah), hubby watched TV and took care of the baby. He also got the kids ready for bed and all that. It was a normal day.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yes, home for Presidents Day. It was so hot that we went to the beach and played (along with everyone else on this side of the state). It was a great day.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011