Contractions? Need advice asap

Im only 22 weeks along and I asked my doctor before what it was when my stomach got really hard usually after sex, she said it was contractions. I havent had sex and I have beene getting the same feeling for the past 3 or 4 hours off and on. I feel lots of pressure in my lower stomach around my uterus. I feel like my stomach balloons up. It also gets hard. I just need advice or anything to maybe figure this out!

minirip

Asked by minirip at 10:12 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• call your dr.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I had that alot through out my pregnancies. Drink lots of water and lay down . . . .your body needs to relax. Some call it Braxton-Hicks.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If your worried cal your dr probably just braxton hicks.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Is there a point when braxton hicks are to serious or should be concerned about? Would call Dr but its 930 pm, currently looking for another number to call
    minirip

Comment by minirip (original poster) at 10:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We can only give you so much advice. Maybe you should be contacting your nurse/doctor instead of us just yet.
    prissysayshi

Answer by prissysayshi at 10:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If theyre braxton hicks truly, they wont do anuthing. Time them if theyre irregular then orobably bh. If not then id contact your dr
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would lay down and rest, drink some water and time them. If they are BH they will be irregular and should go away after resting for a bit. If not most hospitals have an after hours number that you can call and they will be able to help you.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Sounds like the braxton hicks I started getting around week 16. Water and laying on my left side always helped. As long as there aren't more than 4 in an hour and they aren't getting stronger I wouldn't worry. However, it never hurts to call your doctor when you get a chance for peace of mind.
    MommyMegO2011

Answer by MommyMegO2011 at 12:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• braxton hicks sounds like what you have to me...if they start hurting and you feel them in your back and closer to the lower part of your stomach like when the baby moves into the birth canal then you are having real labor contractions...i would call if they start hurting cuz then its not normal anymore but you can also be dehydrated i had them when i needed to drink some water so i would lie down and drink a lot of water and if they start getting painful call the hospital
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2011