Migraines

How do you all deal with migraine pain? What medications are helpful for you? Do any of you find that they worsen when a storm system is moving in?

ImaginationMama

Asked by ImaginationMama at 10:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• I tried several prescription meds, but only butalbital worked for me. But you have to go to bed when you take it -- it will knock you out for about 3 hours, then you awake pain-free.

Now, I usually just take Excedrin Migraine. It's the only acetaminophen I ever take. The combination of pain reliever and caffeine work better than the non-knockout Rx meds.

Since I started drinking more water throughout the day, I rarely get migraines anymore. Be sure you stay well hydrated. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:04 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Storm systems don't affect me, it's usually due to stress. My Dr. prescribed me 800mg motrin in the event I should get one. I always keep Head On for migranes at home. When you apply it to your forehead it feels cold, that helps also.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I was prescribed Immitrex for my migraines. It's amaaaaaaazing.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I tried Imitrex but if you don't eat when you take it, you get a horrible stomachache. I take 4 Advil and a Zyrtec D. I also have prescription meds that help.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Seldom to I get one when a sysem moves in. I do get them before and during my period so I usually get out the advil bottle when I feel one coming on so it doesn't get worse. Try working in a casino when the machines and other noises and smells make it worse.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2011