Transferring home-videos to DVDs on my own.....what do I need??

I have several home videos that I would like to convert to DVDs before they get too degraded, and I'm interested in doing it myself with my PC. I have Windows Vista and Windows Movie Maker, I know I need a cable to run from my video camera or video player to my PC--Is there anything else I need?? Do I need a DVD burner or is this built in to my computer already. I have burned CDs on my PC before, but not DVDs. Thanks so much!!

natersmom76

Asked by natersmom76 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Technology

• Yes you need a DVD burner in your computer, but only if the file is more then 700mg.... (less then 700mg you can do it on a CDr). Only you can check if you have one... Look on the CD drive itself and it should say. If not look in "device manager" to see what your CD drive set up for.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You need the software too - look into Roxio (they have one called "Easy VHS to DVD". It's really easy to use. Have fun!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't know about the computer, but I went out and bought a vcr / dvd combo player. And depending on how old your computer is you may or may not have a dvd burner, and I don't know if you have to have a special burner for movies.
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 10:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2011