Anyone know any grieving rituals for a passed on pet?

My friend's familiar just died, out of the blue too. She had wanted to do something to mark his passing so I wondered if anyone knew any good grieving rituals or passed on pet spellwork, that type of thing.

NightOwlMama

Asked by NightOwlMama at 5:06 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh man her familar...I am so sorry.

May she know that her beloved familar walks with the Goddess in fields of green and skies of blue.

You can go on the Pagan and Proud board I know someone on there would have more on this matter. Blessings to you
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• No, we just think about them and cry if we feel like it. My son had his cat cremated and kept the ashes on the mantel for a long time, but we bury ours.

Answer by Bmat at 7:27 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• A pet of ours died this morning as well. No idea what to do with her since the ground is frozen...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm so sorry! I lost my pet over the summer as well... it was very hard. I still miss her very much. I don't know of any particular ritual but just wanted to give my condolences as a fellow animal lover!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:05 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'm so sorry. Point her towards "www.RainbowBridge.com".
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You could say something over the remains such as

Mother Earth, Father Sky we bring to you (familiars name) your loved child, who was a loved familiar in this life. Welcome (name) into your loving arms. May they walk in light. Blessed Be

Something along that line
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Thank you all for your kindness and compassion. My friend was greatly touched.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 9:26 PM on Nov. 21, 2008