Ideas for bible passages for my wedding.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• use song of the songs is the most romantic book in the bible Congrats on your wedding!
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Upon my bed at night I sought the one I love. I sought him but found him not…etc… It's from the Song of Songs. I don't have my bible out so I don't know the chapter/verse. I have it on my marriage contract.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Song of Solomon is good.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Mark 10:9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    Matthew 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
    Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Ecc. 3:1-8 .... quick summary ... a time for everything under the sun.

And, of course, an oldie but still a goodie:
    1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ... Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The "whither thou goest" speech from the book of Ruth.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Witchqueen beat me to it: Ruth 1:16-17 Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the LORD deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.”
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2011