Trouble swallowing pills...

I have so much trouble swallowing pills that I am afraid to take my medication half the time because I get the pill down the wrong place. Anybody else have this problem? Any solution or easy way to take a pill?

proudmom2510

Asked by proudmom2510 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Health

• I toss my head back and hold the water or drink in my throat then pop the pill in, much easier in my opinion to get down and little pill taste.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I only have that problem with those huge Calcium pills. If you get a pill cutter and cut it into smaller pieces, it can go down easier.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 10:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Try taking it with milk. Only way I can take pills.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I usually tilt my head forward after i drink the water so the pill will float up and to the back of my mouth and it makes it easier for me to swallow them.
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 10:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• crush it and take with apple sauce or yogurt. You can also practice swallowing a pill by using an M&M. My DH can not swallow a pill- he just chews them. However some meds say do not chew on them! I does not take many pills very often to say the least. Chec with the phamacy- maybe they can hel.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think unless you have a medical issue with your throat or something...then not being able to swallow a pill is a mental thing...you are thinking too much about it and not just doing it.

Know what I mean.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My 17 year old son has that problem too. Check with the pharmacist and see if you can crush it up or not. If you can't, you will have to swallow it whole. Some pills can't be chewed or crushed.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• hold ur head bk...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Actually, I have scar tissue in my esophogus from a previous pregnancy because I craved carrots with caramel sauce (crazy, I know) and my belly didn't like it and I vomited. Ever since then I've always had problems swallowing pills.
    proudmom2510

Comment by proudmom2510 (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2011