Does special film on glasses really work?

My oldest is getting a new prescription next week and the doctor told me about a new scratch-proof film that can be applied to the lenses (He drops them alot, he only wears them for reading) Does the film actually work?

Jackmother239

Asked by Jackmother239 at 10:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Yes, it does. This time I did not get my 14 yr old the scratch resistant coating and he has gouges in his glasses.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• IT does but you have to take different care washing them and it can be a pain if you don't because they smudge easier I have found.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:46 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It does work, but, I'm always cleaning my glasses. Seems the film just attracts any dust particles flying around. Drives me nuts. I think it's a great ideal for a child but for me I'll never do it again.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• @Kathy675 My son always wipes his glasses with the cleaning cloth before he puts them on, so the dust collection shouldn't be a problem
    Jackmother239

Comment by Jackmother239 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011