OW I HAVE A STYE IN THE CORNOR OF MY EYE.....

I am 18 weeks prego and I have a sty that hurts very bad. Any suggestions on how to get rid of it?

ready4baby2011

Asked by ready4baby2011 at 10:51 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've always used a gold ring and rubbed it on the sty.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:52 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Hardboil an egg, wrap in a wash cloth and massage your eye with it for about 20 minutes. Do this every couple of hours. A stye is a pimple on the eye and needs to pop. The egg will hold in the heat better than a hot washcloth. Just keep the egg and washcloth for the eye ONLY.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• There's actually medicine you can buy at pharmacies that is especially for styes though you should talk to your OB and make sure it's okay to use them. I've had several and that's the only thing I have ever used. If you have contacts or any eye makeup and have used it within a week of developing the stye, you really need to throw it away and buy new.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Make some hot tea and place the tea bag (warm, or room temp.) on the stye, just hold it there. This really does work! I've done this myself.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• A stye develops from an eyelash follicle or an eyelid oil gland that becomes clogged from excess oil, debris or bacteria. Styes seem to be brought on by increased stress, but can also be a complication of another condition, called blepharitis.

* Warm compresses:
    Gently press a very warm washcloth against the eyelid for 10 minutes at least 4 times per day.

* Massage:
    Gently massage the entire area to speed healing.

* Antiobiotic ointment, eye drops or pills:
    Antibiotic ointments or eye drops may help cure the infection. If the skin around it is becoming infected, antibiotic pills may be needed.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 10:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I've heard that your own urine contains all that's necessary to get rid of eye troubles like pink eye and styes. You'd be a braver woman than me to try it though!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 10:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i have suffered from them since i was 10 and they have an ointment you put on them before you go to sleep cuz its kinda gunky and you dont wanna walk around with it on your eye all day trust me..but until you can get to a pharmacy like cvs or walgreens use a warm washcloth and place it over your eye and gently massage it around your eye and the stye..eye drops wont help because its not in your eye its on the outside
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 22, 2011