How many dread when their husbands are home? Like you have to walk on eggshells and he is walking around giving you looks for not working hard enough in the house? Or that you might do something not his way and he will yell?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• mental abuse is what that sounds like.....
    Anonymous

• This is why I divorced the jerk

Answer by admckenzie at 10:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I think I am the one giving the dirty looks and yelling at him, but I know what you mean. Sometimes I am happy he is at class or work. I assume he feels the same way a lot. Sometimes it seems impossible we couldn't wait to see each other to go to dinner etc when we were dating you know? Life just gets in the way and stresses people out. Thanks for the reminder to take it easy for me. I hate thinking he feels like you do. :(
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• sometimes its like that...but he's not mentally abusive or anything..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• That sounds stressful.

I DO feel guilty sometimes if the house is a mess or something is not done that should have been....but that is more ME and my issues than my dh making me feel bad about it.

I realize I am hard on myself.

So...is it YOU that feels the guilt or does your dh actually yell and do things that he shouldnt?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:04 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I know how you feel, I have the same problem. I'm always nervous when he gets up or comes home because I don't know what mood he will be in or what I will get yelled at for.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• After 25 years of marriage, I really wish he wasn't home.lol He stresses everyone home out, and always complains. I actually hate when he tells me he has vacation time.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• No he will complain and tell me I am not doing my job right. He can't stand to see me sit down, but wants me to working nonstop. I guess that is one reason I hate his vacations, because I am not able to relax. To him there is always work to be done, and until it is all completed you shouldn't relax. He goes out for breakfast every weekend..alone. He used to ask me and the kids to come, but he wanted the whole house cleaned before breakfast. We had to wash the kitchen floor, vacuum the entire house, make all the beds, wash the bathroom, tub, sink, and toilet all before going. It would be almost 11 am before we got out the door, and everyone was starved. I just tell him to go a head, and he does, and at least I have an hour to relax in the morning before he gets back.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:10 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Been there, done that for way too long. That's why my ex is an EX!!!! Life doesn't have to be that way. My 2nd DH is living proof of that.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:27 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• This is definately an abusive situation....I have lived this type of situation and was always stressed out. I divorced him within a year. I am not telling you to do this.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 21, 2011