Paranoid Mama, Help Please.

I'm currently 34 weeks and 3 days and over the last week I've been losing weight (4 lbs.) and my fundal height has decreased slightly (1cm). Everything else is completely normal still, But being a first time mom I'm kinda worried. Anyone else had this happen before? I will call my midwife first thing in the morning. I would just like a little piece of mind until then. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Some weight loss can be normal during pregnancy, and it would affect fundal height. As long as you're still feeling normal fetal movement, everything is likely fine. That said, a call to the midwife can be invaluable peace of mind! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i have lost weight the entire time i have been pregnant and everything is going fine...i am also 34 weeks 4 days...my doctor says the baby will be fine its me that might get weak from it...i would call your midwife but im sure everything is okay dont stress too much though its not good for you or baby
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• If the doctor is not worried then I would think everything is okay. I was losing weight like crazy at the end of my pregnancy. GL and congrats
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:19 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• have u had swelling? like water weight could def explain the weight lost.
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I guess a little, and my breasts have shrunk quite a bit too in the last week or so. Water weight makes sense.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2011