Should he call? Should I?

My fiance' and I are getting married in 3 weeks. We sent out the invites about 2 weeks ago and asked for a reply by the 28th. I HAVE to tell the reception venue the exact head count by the 2and. Well my fiance and his parents had a falling out about a year ago and he talks to his mom sometimes but NEVER talks to his dad (his dad refused his calls for a month, so he just stopped calling). We sent them a wedding invitation but haven't heard back from them. Should he call to see if the plan on coming? Should I? At first I just figured that if they don't RSVP, they aren't coming but I am worried that, as his parents, they don't feel that they have to RSVP, plus it would be nice to know if they are coming or not as soon as possible. I know he wants them to come, I just can't believe they would wait 2 weeks without saying anything (not even a call to say they got the invite).

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I would just consider them coming a foot the extra money for their plates just incase they talk last minute.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'd call. It might just be that so much time has past that his father doesnt know what to say.
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 11:06 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• What does your finace think? If he is ok with it I would say you should call and explain that you had to give the number of guests to the venue and you just wanted to be sure.
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• The problem with just assuming they are coming is, as his parents, they should sit in the front row on his side, if we don't save them that row and they come, that would be rude and tacky but if we do and they don't come, that would also look tacky plus it would be like a big sing saying GROOM'S PARENTS ARE BOYCOTTING THE WEDDING
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 11:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• You should call. It would be sad if they missed your wedding day.
    ladygetz

Answer by ladygetz at 11:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I say assume they are coming, save 2 spots in the front row. If they don't show. Pull 2 people who are close to you guys and let them sit there instead. I wouldn't call.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:11 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If your relationship is good with the mom I would talk to her, just so you can find out what to do.
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If you are paying for it then you need to call (or have your parents call)

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Does he have any brothers or sisters? What about any other relatives? If so, see what they can find out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• He has a sister, but she won't talk to him either because her parents are paying for her college she has no interest in crossing her dad, she is very self centered anyway, so TBH I am not sure she cares. His aunt and uncle are coming but they said they don't want to get in the middle of it
    JLS2388

Comment by JLS2388 (original poster) at 8:19 AM on Feb. 22, 2011