How do you help your kids deal with allergies?

Six-Eyed-2006

Asked by Six-Eyed-2006 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Kids' Health

• The best thing I have found is to wash their hair at night before bed. Wipe dust from everything like the back of tv's, vac under furniture. Keep windows closed and use inside air conditioner instead. Keep bed sheets clean and change pillow case often. Wash hands and face a often. Today our Dr. suggested Zyrtec before bed and if there is still a problem Sudafed in the A.m. but only when suffering.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:17 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• We encased the mattress and the pillow with mite protectors. I wet dust her room often. I use unscented detergent and no perfumy stuff on me or in the house. We keep windows closed when someone is mowing the lawn. And, we have a prescription for Nasonex . . . which helps, alot.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:41 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I wash my daughter's bed linens--sheets, blankets, everything--once a week in hot water to kill dust mites. vacuum often, dust often, run a humidifier to keep humidity levels between 35-50%. I put all of her stuffed animals inside a plastic storage bin in her bedroom and kept a few of her choice out to sleep with that I can also wash with the weekly linens. Prescription Allegra and Veramyst. Pillow encasings for dust mites. Allergy shots once a week.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2011