Don't know if I'm ready.

My husband wants another baby, but I don't think I'm ready. My son just turned a year old at the beginning of this month. My husband hasn't been around much lately because of his job in the military(gone 8 months and counting now) and I've been pretty stressed out with one baby. I'm doing the best I can but I don't think I can handle 2 at the moment. How can I tell him? I don't want to hurt his feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• I say explain to just the way you explained it, to us. It's not that you don't want too but that he is away and that would leave you to care for two kids basically by your self when he is not there .
    sondaughter312

Answer by sondaughter312 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• i think communication is the most important thing in a marriage. I think you should just tell him. being a wife of someone in the service i can sympathize with you hunny but youve gotta speak up.

proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Explain it the way you have here. If you express your worries, your stresses...he might understand and give you time. If you have ANY doubts...don't jump into it....communication is something that needs to be addressed with this situation. He needs to be able to listen to your needs and comforts too. G'luck.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 11:25 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Oh, tell him you love him and you love having his children . . . you just want to wait until the timing is absolutely perfect, and you would like at least two years in between.

Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:38 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Explain it the best you can.

However, if it were me..I.would be more than happy to give my Husband another baby if that is what He wanted..and He knows that! It's not like I wouldn't want or love the kiddo, I mean ~ just like Our Son, the new baby would be created with Love and be yet another part of my Husband and I. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I'd tell him that I wasn't ready, but either way it's your body and ultimately your choice what you do with it. I say if you don't want another baby, then you certainly don't have to have one.

I'd just tell him the truth, it very well may hurt his feelings, but sometimes that sort of things happens.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Tell the truth. His feelings are no more important than yours. That is a lot to handle IMO, he will probably understand.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 11:04 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• make a romantic dinner and put the baby to bed and tell him it works ive done it
    Sara_Carter

Answer by Sara_Carter at 5:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011