Advice?

my 5 month old flung her self off our couch today and landed on her face. should i take her to the doctors or just let it go?

92210love

Asked by 92210love at 11:16 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'd watch her closely and if there is no sign of bleeding and if she is acting ok and going about her normal activities, I wouldn't worry about bringing her. This happened to mine but he fell off a bed and landed face first on the floor. It was close to the floor but left a pretty nasty mark on his nose. I'd call the doctor anyway just to get their advice on what you should do. Good luck and I hope she is ok
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 11:20 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Are her pupils the same size? Is she active like normal? Is she eating normally? does she seem dazed? disoriented?

If yes to the first three questions I wouldn't worry too much, just keep an eye on her. If there is a no to the first three questions, or a yes to the last two I'd at least call your doctor's office (our office has an on-call doc 24/7). Or take her into the ER. I'd much rather waste a night of sleep for nothing than blow something off that should have been seen.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:23 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• did she loose conciseness if not I would probably just watch her close.

Mine fell down the basemenet stairs (crawled over the gate)  and bloody her nose, we did take her in cuz as a 1st time mom I was worried.  When in doubt go with your gut.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 11:24 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• It depends on how she is acting, if there was any bleeding, etc.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:32 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I would have taken her to the doctor

Answer by admckenzie at 11:58 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• If she's not bleeding, try shining a small flash light in her eyes. If her pupils do not respond (i.e. shrink) call your doctor.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 1:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Call her dr. She is probably fine but they will tell you what to look for. Someone was carrying my dd when she was little and fell with her. I called the dr and they told me what to look for and when to come in if needed. Don't worry this is the first of MANY bumps and bruises. :)
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 12:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011