Does anyone have a child with celiac disease?

My son's Dr mentioned it, I've never heard of it.I googled it & really didn't get a whole lot. Thanks in advance!!

darmika

Asked by darmika at 11:29 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I've known a few adults with it. They have to avoid gluten in their diet, or it can cause some real health issues.

That's everything containing grain, including bread and most cereals (corn is fine). You have to really read labels.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:33 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I know a woman here on CafeMom whose children all have Celiac disease, I know she would be more than willing to answer any and all questions you have. You can message me privately for her screen name =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Hi, Celiac's Disease is when You are highly alergic to wheat- gluten..Your system cannot tolerate this..My daughter does not have Celiac's, but she is allergic to wheat -gluten..I have done some research on line about products containing wheat-gluten..I recently purchased a cook book. The name is 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes, by Carol Fenster..You have to watch because alot of Gluten-Free products contain lots of unwanted suger..If I can be any more help please feel free to contact me..I hope this helped you?! Amy:)
    mumstheword155

Answer by mumstheword155 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011