Venting... Need advice on how to deal with my mother!

Lately she has been telling me that I don't need anymore kids and that the one I have should be an only child. She won't let up with this. She says things like "I'd kill you if you got pregnant again" (not meaning that she wuld actualy kill me) or "You better not be having sex" and so on. Um, last I checked I was a GROWN, MARRIED WOMAN!!! What would make her be so against me having another baby?!?! I kinda took it as an insult. I haven't given her any reason to think that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Relationships

• " If you don't approve of the way I live, then I won't include you in my life" simple as that. If you don't like the way I choose to live my life then you don't need to be in it.
    My mom always tells me to tell people "oh so that's what YOU would choose to do....that's nice, but we want to______(have another baby)"

Anonymous

• My mom made negative comments like that. I feel like if I am not asking you for money, help me take care of my child then it is none of your damn business what I do.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• wow. How old is she? Could it be a very early sign of some sort of degenerative disease??
    Belovedmoonpixi

Answer by Belovedmoonpixi at 11:53 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Live your life the way you want to. Mom will deal with it

Answer by admckenzie at 11:54 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• My mother is 49 . I honestly think she doesn't want to feel older than she really is. But it is insulting and very unnecessary. I try to ignore her comments to keep the peace. But it kills her to be ignored. I've had about enough and if she doesn't stop soon I think I'll explode.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You are an adult and you are married, and already have one child. She's not married to your husband, therefore, it is you and your husband's decision. Tell her you don't want your child to be an only child, and that you and your husband want another baby. She's not going to be the one who will be raising the baby or paying for it. So, what's the problem?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:32 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• good grief! Yes, you are a grown woman and it's your business. I'd tell her to mind her own business, but if she doesn't, then cut down on how much you talk to her.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Just ignore! Laugh it off. It's not about you.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 11:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• confront her kee ur distance
    Sara_Carter

Answer by Sara_Carter at 5:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011