panic attacks while pregnant

well i was wondering how does it feel to have panic attacks and being pregnant at the same time? when u have bad panic attacks what do you do? cuz im trying to get pregnant but i have panic attacks and im scared if i feel like ima die i will hurt the baby some how but plz tell me things about it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i suffered from panic attacks whilst pregnant ,and although it isnt nice for the baby it doesnt harm them , you should try relaxation classes or just do breathing exercises , the more you stress about it ,the more it will happen .good luck
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 6:50 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You should talk to your healthcare provider about possible medications you could take while pregnant if you get severe panic attacks. Find out what relaxation techniques work best for you now and perfect them before you get pregnant. I had such bad anxiety before I got pregnant with my first that I didn't leave the house somedays. When I was pregnant with him they were less frequent and I've just started having them again being pregnant with my second. I haven't been on meds for years though. When I was pregnant and I had them, mostly while sleeping, my son's father would gently wake me or rub my back and help me count my breathing. Good luck.
    afeggan

Answer by afeggan at 1:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008