WYR: Have Professional photos taken or DIY?

I would prefer to do it myself if I had the equipment for it. I only tend to get professional photos done so I get can ideas on how to pose and how to work with lighting...but otherwise, I would rather do it myself. Ink is pricey, but I can always get those done at a kiosk or a site online....instead of professional sitting fees, prints per page, time during shoot...

What would you rather have? Professional photos taken or would you rather Do It Yourself?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 11:42 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in

• Do it myself. Of all the money I've spent getting professional pictures done, I could have bought a wicked nice camera. So I'm definitely investing in a nice camera this year so I don't have to waste more money on them. Plus I'm a photoshop junkie so I can alter them to my liking.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• DIY for us. I am not a fan of all the posed shots you see, where all are in matching clothes and stuff. It's great for some, it's just not who we are. I like the spontaneous hair blowing in the wind, spaghetti on their faces, riding bikes, kids cuddling with Daddy type of stuff. The down side is I am never in the photos, but I don't like to be anyway.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 11:59 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• As long as I have photoshop, I'll do it myself :D
    KitKatCadillac

Answer by KitKatCadillac at 11:43 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Professional
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I'd rather do it myself unless I had to be in the pictures. I took 2 years of photography and love it so I don't really see a point in hiring someone to do something I can do myself. =]
    LeslieNBreaux

Answer by LeslieNBreaux at 11:44 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• Freelance photographer. I am not fond of studios and I like being able to pick the location.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 11:45 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• DIY. We're not fans of posed shots anyway, so studios don't really interest us. (Of course, I keep forgetting to take out my tripod, so we rarely have photos with all of us in it.)
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 11:55 PM on Feb. 21, 2011

• I should add, having a good DSLR makes a BIG difference.
    phoofy

• DIY
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Diy,
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 2:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2011