Direct deposit tax refund?

How exactly does that work? Can you do it if you file online with something like TurboTax? Sorry if this is dumb lol. I googled it and didn't really turn much up that looked useful (plus my brain is trying to shut down for the night lol), so I thought I would ask here.

Is it exactly like getting a check, only faster because it goes straight to your account, or is there an additional fee for it?

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 11:57 PM on Feb. 21, 2011 in Money & Work

• There shouldn't be a fee for it- and yes it goes straight into your checking or savings accounts- or both.

It's a whole lot faster than getting a check by mail. Though sometimes the IRS will deposit the money and it will take a few days before your bank account to show that. I've also heard some women on here saying that only half shows up and then the next day the other half shows up. But to answer your question it should be free and faster than getting a check by mail. Good luck!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:05 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We did turbo tax and got it direct deposited into our account. It only took a few days. Yeah It goes straight into your account. Its nice! I dont think there was a fee to do it that way. Its so much easier and quicker too.
    gdrager

Answer by gdrager at 12:26 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You can do direct deposit with Turbo Tax for free, we do it every year. It takes about half the time to get the money that a check does in the mail and its safer because there's no way to lose it and its done electronically, eliminating human error.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:30 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• When you file, you will have to provide your banks routing number and your bank account number. Once a check is issued, it will deposit in your bank, usually, within 3 business days. There will be no fee unless your bank has a fee for this type of service.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• TAX REFUND, WHAT IS THAT?
    mommerbean

Answer by mommerbean at 5:31 PM on Feb. 28, 2011