What is on YOUR kitchen counter?

I have a fairly good size kitchen, about 14 by 17 with lots of counter space, but no counter! One day i have three pieces of mail on the counter and the next a whole UPS truck is on there. One day i have a fruit bowl full of fruit and the next there is no fruit, but an mp3 player and two metal drink bottles and a car headlight are in the bowl, where does this stuff come from?

suijuris

Asked by suijuris at 12:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If you ask my husband, the anti-clutter freak, I have too much! ;)
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 12:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My mom has a paper problem, so in my house paper is not allowed in the kitchen at all. Mine is always the same.
    Stuff always out: a blender, cappacino machine, coffee pot, kosher salt and pepper mill, knife block and toaster oven. Nothing else gets to stay.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 12:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• coffee pot, canisters 3 , and a candle
    kalynskorner

Answer by kalynskorner at 1:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• coffee pot, purple lillies from my boyfriend, birth control pills, a box of frosted flakes, fruit for my dd, her piggy bank, a marble lazy susan her dad made for me, a spider plant, a box of wipes, roses from v day, and a dry erase marker... aka too much damn stuff.
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 6:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• coffe maker, toaster, can opener, dish drainer, microwave, and diabetic machine
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I hardly have counters. I have my dish rack, microwave, and a box of baby food my dd is supposed to come get and take to the DV shelter.

Answer by gemgem at 10:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I have my knife set, coffee maker, fresh flowers, and a bowl of fresh fruit. I have a ton of counter space (almost 20' in the center "U"), but I hate clutter.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:07 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The bar counter is the worst in my home because it's so close to the front door. I have a tool bag, the mail, a phone book and a box containing Girl Scout cookies I bought to ship to my mom.

The kitchen counters are better though. I have my cook books and coffee maker on one. The microwave on another. The toaster on the 3rd. And the fourth is clear.
    smurfyabs

Answer by smurfyabs at 3:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We have the typical coffee pot, grinder, toaster, deep fryer along the wall. The end of the counter where there is a breakfast bar is like a sink hole for all that does not belong anywhere else. Toys, mail, tools, coupons, menus, lunch box..if it isn't easy to put away that is where it stays. It takes me about an hour Saturday morning to just clear off a week's worth of clutter.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• knife block,talavera decorative bowl,fruit bowl, and a dish strainer
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011