Ex-smokers...

WHAT AGE DID YOU START?....I was 11!! The same age as my oldest child now!
WHAT AGE DID YOU QUIT?....29-I refused to turn 30 as a smoker. My Mom passed away in 2000,@ 39 yrs.old from lung cancer :(
HOW DID YOU QUIT?....After trying all the patches, gum, etc ....I kept. Suckers, gum, & hard candies with me AT ALL TIMES!!! After a few days, it became so much easier :)
HOW MANY PACKS PER DAY?...At the most ----2 packs of Newport 100s daily!!

darmika

Asked by darmika at 12:10 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Health

• I was 14. Quit totally at 21 just before I found out I was pregnant. Good luck to you. :)
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I started when I was about 21 and quit when I was 30. I used gum and sugar free candy, also. It was really hard and I gained a lot of weight, but it was totally worth it. I smoked a pack a day of Marlboro Lights. Weird thing is, sometimes I dream I have started back smoking and I wake up feeling so guilty! LOL Even after six years still dreaming about cigarettes! But I never crave them, anymore, do you?
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I always quit while I was pregnant but started back....
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Oh yeah and 15 years later, I hate the smell of cigarettes but still crave one from time to time.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:20 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I started in my teens. I smoked 1/2 a pack to a pack a day of Salem light 100's.I quit 4 years ago and right now I am 52. I quit cold turkey and it worked. So far so good!
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 9:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011