I am having alot of the nesting instincts and i am stressing out because we dont have any of the big stuff bought or here yet. I have gotten a few things together but it never feels like enough is this normal.

CEGrissim

Asked by CEGrissim at 12:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it is normal to have panic and think that you haven't gotten enough. the bottom line is, all the magazines and tv and all your friends will tell you that you can't live without a boppy pillow, nursing pads, bibs, etc.
    well. i nursed for three and a half months with no boppy, i used maybe four of the huge box of pads i bought, and my daughter never used a bib til she was seven months and started teething.
    my advice is to have enough clothes to get you through (all the used shit people wanna give you, take it. they can wear that stuff at home or whatever. a kid that poops and throws up constantly will make you appreciate used clothing lol.) while i was pregnant i was very low on cash so every payday i bought a pkg of diapers, different sizes, so i'd have some forever. nbs, ones, twos and so forth. you need baby wash, lotion, wipes. bottles, jammies, and lots of help from others.
    a newborn baby (whether you plan on it or not)
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 5:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i feel the same way..my baby shower is this saturday and i will be 35 weeks...i feel like im never gonna get ready and that what i do have isnt gonna be good enough or enough for the baby...especially the big stuff like a car seat and stroller...i think every new mommy feels that way at least thats how all my friends say they felt the first time so im just hoping that it will all work itself out and i will eventually get over my feelings of anxiety you will too good luck
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 12:43 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• cont.
    will often sleep in the bed, on a couch, in a recliner, etc with one of their parents. so if you go a month without a crib it'll be okay. that and many other big-ticket items can wait if they have to. the expensive ones i'd go for first, honestly, are a car seat, obviously, and a swing. those were used in my house much more often than the overpriced changing table or the breast pump.
    last... relax. remember when you got your first apartment and had no toaster, so you made toast in the over, or no coffee pot and had to buy a package of singles? it's like that. you'll make do. as long as you have help and love, baby will be fine and happy. and so will you :)
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 5:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• i am 35 weeks and feeling the same way! thankfully, my baby shower is on sunday and after that i should only have one thing left to worry about. but, i do understand where u are coming from. enjoy the nesting while u can, because i guarentee that after the little one arrives, u wont have time to make ur house look so nice and clean (my husband loves my nesting stage! lol)
    teastin14

Answer by teastin14 at 8:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• im going thru the same thing so my mom made a plann she bought a baby bag and i am aloud to by things to fill the baby bag which is making it easier
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Yeah i got a diaper bag, some bottles, pacifiers and stuff so far but i still dont feel like it is enough. When my mother in law comes for her next visit we are starting on the big stuff. I may go out to just look at savers and the used baby store by Ross just to look at some things just to get my mind off of it.
    CEGrissim

Comment by CEGrissim (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Before I had my son I felt the same way. Its amazing what you think you need vs what you actually need when you get the baby home. You need diapers, a car seat, something for the baby to sleep in, a few outfits and some wipes. You don't have to have a full nursery set up right away, and you will get lots of stuff when the baby is born. I was obsessed with a big, fancy crib and the baby slept next to me in a moses basket/bassinet combo that someone brought to the hospital for almost three months.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 3:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2011