Is this a good idea? If it is, how to let more kids know?

In my house, books that my family has finished reading are usually put away and forgotten. My daughter Lillian alone has more than 200 books that have been read, enjoyed, and placed on a shelf, never to be opened again.

After visiting a new bookstore while on vacation in San Francisco last year, Lillian and I began to talk about what we could do with all of her old books. Most of them are in fantastic shape. Surely someone would enjoy reading them just as much as Lillian had. We began to imagine a new Web site where Lillian and her schoolmates could meet to share books, swap stories, and chat online. With a little hard work, Fun2Share.com was born.chick

Currently there are 20 students registered on Fun2Share. They borrowed and lent books through the service provided by the web site. Those students have added about 200 books for others to borrow. And most of them have already borrowed or lent more than 15 books. The kids like it because it helps to make friends and save money. And I am happy to hear about that.sidesplittinglaughter

Fun2share is open to all the elementary, middle and high schools in US for FREE. I just don't know how to let more kids know about this web site so that they can benefit from it. I will appreciate it if you can give me some ideas.puppy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• See if you can post flyers in all the schools in the area. Share on parenting sites. See if your local paper will do a short write up about the site.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Also put a flyer in your local library and see if they will send it to other libraries around you. Facebook is another way to spread the word fast!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• That is a good idea but what we do is either donate them to the boys school or to our local library or church they all appreciate donations and as long as the books are in good or better condition then they will take as many as you want to donate and sometimes you can write it off as a tax dedication
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Send the info out to schools.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• love this idea!!!!!
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 28, 2011