Baby Slings for Newborns?

What baby slings have you used that you'd recommend for newborns? I have a Sling-Eze which I love, but I don't think it offers enough support for a newborn. I also don't like the kind of slings that let baby's face get buried in the fabric.

debbymichelle

Asked by debbymichelle at 12:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used a large piece of fabric and made a sling by tying it around the baby and around my body. Used it until she got too heavy for me to carry like that
    MChildressDem

Answer by MChildressDem at 12:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• My son loved the Balboa Baby Sling. It's a little pricey. It was my one mommy splurge but it's extremely durable and easy to use. The fabric is soft and breathable for baby and it comes in super cute colors and patterns.
    courtloux_128

Answer by courtloux_128 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• The Balboa Baby Sling looks cute, but is a bit pricey, as you say. I didn't get as many suggestions as I was hoping for, but I got info from a friend on making a Moby Wrap, which looks like what I was hoping for. It seems that the key info is what kind of material to use (stretchy jersey cotton) and how to wrap it (which I found step-by-step instructions on the Moby Wrap website).
    debbymichelle

Comment by debbymichelle (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Mar. 6, 2011