I have two children ages 12 & soon to be 10. My DH and I are thinking about adding #3 to the clan. Are we crazy? I want another child so bad and then on the other hand I get cold feet. We get so many mixed reactions when I talk to other people about it.What do you think?

DH and I have been married 14 years, I am 33 and DH is 35.

Daughter- 12yrs

Son - almost 10.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I can give you some advice on this what you do with it of course is your prerogative :) we have 3 children AGES SON 27 SON 17 DAUGHTER 8 LOL I wouldn't have done this any other way ~ I was 36 when I had my daughter, it wasn't easy but I did it & now at this stage in life ( I'm 45 ) she keeps me young :) & the boys & her dad are there to protect her :) your still young dear & you know when you hold that babe it will be worth whatever it was you went thru to get it ~ if your worried about the age difference DON'T the older ones will help sooooo much! good luck & i hope you make the right decision for your family

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 10:40 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My parents raised 9 kids so 3 sounds like a breeze lol...All parents are different.. I think 3 is a good number but we are only planning on 2.... So good luck..
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:56 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have an 11 year old 3 and 1 year old. I think its great you want another baby and I say go for it. Our oldest is awesome with the little ones. The only thing that has been an issue is when the 3 year old gets into the 11 year olds stuff. Other than that he is awesome and is a great help. BTW I had my youngest when I was 37 and hubbby was 43. We are going to have one more if God willing.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 8:58 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i have a sixteen year old a fourteen year and and a one year old. our baby was a little bit of a surprise and i was scared starting all over again and my hubby just kept saying we almost did it we almost had them all out of the house lol but i would never change a thing and the age gap is great it is teaching my daughter alot and deterring her from having children any time soon lol and they really get the full effct of the enjoyment with her. plus i don't have to worry about a baby sitter ever.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:08 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have a 24 year old , a 22 year old and a 10 month old. We are absolutely thrilled with our baby daughter. I say go for it....It's a blast!
    evasmom178

Answer by evasmom178 at 9:11 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Wow ladies.. thanks for all of the positive feedback. So happy you understand.
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 9:16 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• the age difference between the kids isn't a huge deal.. and heck if you want another one, go for it, I say who cares about the age difference? I can tell you that our oldest kids are 11,9, and 8. When I got pregnant with my son I really worried about him not having a sibling closer in age... so needless to say we decided to have another one after him LOL
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 9:30 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• We have girls 2, 3, and almost 27 weeks along and boys 4 and 6. The girls will be the same age for three weeks and the older girl and younger boy will be the same age for a month and a half. I am 24 and hubby is 26 and when people ask us if we are done we simply say "Not sure."
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:34 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Go for it! I have 4!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:44 AM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Oh, you are still so young. I had my unexpected 4th at 36 and I am glad I did. I have one, 17, 11, almost 10, & 2 1/2. My 2 1/2 yr old was with my second husband. So I thought I was finished after my 9 yr old, but didn't think twice about having my 4th; I was excited.
    I think if you want another one so bad then that will out weigh the cold feet feelings. I believe once you are done you will know it. I have thought really hard about having another one to be close in age with our youngest, but the overwhelming thoughts of, "No way, it is too much for me now," have taken over and the desire is not as strong as it was when I wanted my others.
    Whatever you decide, best wishes!
    laeemom

Answer by laeemom at 9:55 AM on Nov. 19, 2008