DS cried for his dad today. I am crying and depressed right now...

I have been depressed lately and letting DS stay w his dad a LOT more then usual (went from almost never to almost 4 days a wk) i didnt realize how much until his dad brought him home and he didnt want me and cried for his dad 4ever after he left (Cont.)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feel like that every noiw and then. I find myself feeling jealous when my dd wants her daddy instead of me. With him being 1 1/2 he doesn't realize what hes doing. It also could be he wants u 2 both, and when daddy leaves he could just crying because the 2 of u are not there at the same time like u used to (if u used to live together, if not I'm sorry). When my dh went up north to go hunting for almost 2 weeks, my dd cried when he came back cause he forgot something and then he left again. My dd is 2 1/2.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• my dd is almost 3 and asks questions about her dad all the time. he has not attempted a relationship with her since i left him (due to his drug problems) when she was five weeks old. she doesn't know him and doesn't hear about him (i refer to him as anthony when i have to mention him in front of her) and i do not show her photos, etc yet... so it's hard to talk to her about it.
    i just understand what you mean when you say it's a slap in the face. it's hard when you are doing all the work and they want some mysterious stranger dirtbag (in my case) or someone who hasn't been there as much as you have ( in your case). hang tough. and be glad that your ex is involved with your son, that is something to be very grateful for. it's normal to feel a little jealous tho, i think, when they want the other parent. when he is older he will know who was there 24-7, believe it :)
    shilohsmama425

Answer by shilohsmama425 at 5:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• (DS is 1 1/2 by the way) and i felt terrible and i thought to myself "u gotta get it together" i use to be super mom who never needed or wanted a break who could do everything for DS by myself and lately its all i can do to take care of his basic (cont.)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Needs i jus feel terrible and idk if i will ever be able to be tht supermom for him again unless i can feel better about myself (depressed cuz i cant find a good job and good SO, idk y jus depressing to me) and when he cried for his dad it slapped (cont)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:03 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Me in the face cuz ive always been there and done everything and my son is all i have and in less than 2 months of me feeling this way and sending him w his dad cuz im depressed, he doesnt want me... I feel like a bad mom... Idk i jus needed this (cont)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Off my chest i guess, sry so long idk if anyone has any advice but anything would help at this point...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• cheer up mom, he has spent some time with his dad & that's why missing him that's it,he will be ok in a day or two.u r a good mom,cheer up ur son will automatically be fine when u will be happy
    A11

Answer by A11 at 3:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• im sorry u feel this way
    san78

Answer by san78 at 8:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Oh sweetie, sorry you are going through this. Just remember he's only 1 1/2 and isn't doing it intentionally. It sounds like you are just in a rough place right now, this too shall pass. Try and stay positive, I don't think that your DS doesn't want you, he just misses his dad. I hope that things start looking up for you, things will get better.
    Mteel33

Answer by Mteel33 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• It has nothing to do with not wanting you and everything to do with missing his dad. My stepson used to cry for dh whenever his mom picked him up and cry for his mom whenever dh picked him up. Hope things look up for you soon.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 5:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2011