I need a plan..

I'm 20 years old and I'm pregnant. I'm a single mom. I will work as hard as I can and do whatever I have to do to make sure my daughter has an amazing life. I'm almost 9 months pregnant. Any advice on jobs I can apply for that will pay more than 9.50 an hour? Of course I'm still going to school but until I finish I still need financial stability with a decent job.

ohprettymommy

Asked by ohprettymommy at 3:09 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• You might try a call center. The're usually full time with benefits and start out with at least $10 an hour.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:12 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Call center?Can you give me more information on where to call? I live in Los Angeles, Ca. What kind of call center?
    ohprettymommy

Comment by ohprettymommy (original poster) at 3:40 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You can google it but a call center could be your water company, cable company, phone company, electric company, cell phone provider.....just about anybody that provides a service.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:52 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You might look at care.com too. Use the pulldown to see all the different categories of jobs. Some can be done in your home. Search by zipcode and by those newly posted. Good luck to you and the baby!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:06 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Waitressing.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:34 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• There are very few companies that treat unskilled workers well. Starbucks and Costco are two that come to mind.

Your school priority right now should be getting marketable skills: Microsoft office (especially Word, Excel, Outlook), and basic bookkeeping will get you in the door at many small to midsized companies. Hint: focus on companies that offer tuition reimbursement.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:24 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I would avoid call centers unless you enjoy high stress environments. Since you're in school, you might have enough skills to do a clerical job. Talk to someone at an employment/temp agency and see.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 22, 2011