Beliefs shove down my throat ?

I am not a catholic I haven't been for almost 20 years and all the people who knows me know that, why do you guys think that they keep sending me emails with hail mary's and pictures of the virgin mary saints etc, and then get offended If sent this reply:

Thank you for your email but as you already know im not Catholic, I respect your beliefs but please do not sent me that kind of prayers or pics of the virgin mary or crosses I'll appreciate if you email me to ask me how I am or to let me know how are you.

Do you think I am been rude?

gou18

Asked by gou18 at 3:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, if that was your response I thought it was very polite. Continuing to send those emails after you've politely requested them not to is rude in my opinion.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:22 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Agree that it is not rude :)
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 4:16 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No that's not rude at all .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:51 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Not rude at all. I am about to have to do the same thing myself. I do not want any more "come to jesus" emails. I don't send out mass emails asking people to except the Goddess out of respect and now I want the same respect.
    Kudos to you for standing up for yourself
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• No you weren't rude.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:41 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Thats not rude at all. What they are doing to you is incredibly rude.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:45 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Your relatives sound like mine. I am not Christian, haven't been for many years, yet they still insist on sending me Christian based emails and then act weird when I don't respond to them. I tried asking them not to send them, but I may as well as the sun to stop coming up in the east.

You were not rude. They, on the other hand, are.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:46 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• Not rude at all! I do not send stuff in email... now facebook is different when I post things about God on my wall its to encourage not to shove it down someones throat! In other words I do not post that you need to be saved, I do post God loves and cares for you ect or sokme uplifting scriptures!:-) I have very different beliefs and I respect theirs and just do not worry about it.
    They need to respect and honor you in this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• You were a lot more polite than I was. It doesn't matter how you phrase it. Christians will take offense at ANY suggestion that you don't want to hear about their "wonderful" religion. You can't win, no matter how innocuous you are. But it WILL stop further religiousized e-mails. Probably stop ALL e-mails from them. Look at it as a GOOD thing. You don't need that kind of "friends".
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2011

• I don't think you were being rude at all and if they got offended, then it's their problem, not yours. I had an aunt that was sending me text messages about God and prayer and they were supposed to be forwarded to other people I knew, but I'm not into religion like that and I just erased them. I know that they are trying to be nice, but since they already know that you aren't catholic, then they should respect that and not send those kind of messages.
    cocobrown28

Answer by cocobrown28 at 5:31 AM on Feb. 22, 2011