Loss of sex drive after baby....any way to get it back? adult content

Since I have had my daughter (16 months ago) I have NO sex drive whatsoever. Ive never felt less desirable, nor less desire, in my entire life. Even when I was pregnant things were touchy. I find myself dreading sex usually because I am tired and find my self "just going through the motions" for my husband. I know it makes it suck for him but I just can't seem to get through it. He is currently deployed so right now this is great but when he gets back I know it is all he is going to want to do. Has this happened to any other women after childbirth for such a lengthy period of time. Before the pregnancy and baby I had an extremely healthy appetite and often times would be the instigator. I find it weird that I have done a complete 180 still after 16 months. Is there anything I can do to "combat" this and bring myself back to the way I used to be?

1stTimeMommy101

Asked by 1stTimeMommy101 at 4:00 AM on Feb. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Are you still nursing? Someties that can hinder desire.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:11 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• yes, I am nursing once a day in the evenings but I when he was home I was nursing "full time" I guess you could say. So when I stop my desire should come back....right?
    1stTimeMommy101

Comment by 1stTimeMommy101 (original poster) at 4:15 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• We can't answer when it will come back unfortunately hun, it might not or it could take months or it could be straight away. My son is three years old next month and my sex drive has not come back and trust my partner does everything right but still nothing. It is different for everyone so we can't say it will or won't.
    DeansMother

Answer by DeansMother at 5:50 AM on Feb. 22, 2011

• This issue is most likely associated with vitamin and mineral deficiencies. The same vitamins and minerals that are key to nervous and vascular system health are the ones depleted by pregnancy and breastfeeding. Increasing food sources of zinc, magnesium, vitamin C, iron, calcium, arginine, B-6, B-12, choline, inositol and Omega fatty acids consistently over a period of 4-6 weeks should bring positive effect. Sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, dark green leafy vegetables, molasses, yogurt, eggs, seafood, nuts, seeds, peanut butter, whole grains, tuna, salmon, pumpkin, dark purple fruits and citrus fruits are all good sources. Cutting sodium and caffiene, increasing water intake and managing stress will also help your body retain and better utilize these vitamins and minerals to support your sex drive.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 6:38 AM on Feb. 22, 2011